Monday 25 July 2016

Rare High Plains Drifter / Joe Kidd Double Bill 1 Sheet Poster

I'm constantly amazed at what sometimes comes about from a general discussion among a couple of fellow Eastwood friends. After some 40 years of collecting Eastwood material, you tentatively begin to assume that you've pretty much covered most areas - until of course something new suddenly appears. For instance, I never had a clue that High Plains Drifter was released as a Double Bill with Joe Kidd in the U.S. - I'm still not sure if it was shown as a double bill in the UK? But last night myself, Davy Triumph and Steve Saragossi were discussing Eastwood double bills on Facebook when Davy mentioned this particular pairing. Thinking about it afterwards, it of course makes perfect sense - two westerns, both made by Universal - all completely logical...
Davy provided a picture from the U.S. Press book which enabled me to track down a picture of the Original 1 sheet poster - I carried out some digital restoration to it, in order to help show it in its best possible quality and as a result, I'm very pleased to add it here in the Archive. Thank you Davy and Steve - I guess there is always something new to be learnt in this business.
This poster has also been added to the dedicated High Plains Drifter page here

No comments: